Yesterday our first WAOJ street jam went down in beautiful Amsterdam. We were very lucky with the weather, 18 degrees Celsius without any clouds. We never expected to see so many riders from all over Holland. We were blown away, by around 115 riders having joined the street sess.
Below the list with all the highlights of the day:
- Mark Vos and Emile Bouwman who jumped over two tram tracks with the short FSO kicker jam.
- Ermiyas placing a sticker on a Police car and captured that moment.
- The former Mayor of Amsterdam stayed on the bridge to watch the bmx action at the Marnixkade rail.
- Jack Nieraeth crashed at the Marnixkade rail: He is still in the hospital and has some minor damage to his liver. I spoke to him and he said that it’s getting better, but he has to stay in the hospital for another day. After that he needs to take it easy for at least a full month.
- So many sick grind combos were pulled at the Black Ledges
- Emile Bouwman placed a sticker up high on the logo of the University of Amsterdam.
- At the kinked Amstel ledge Mark Vos tried to jump all the way up and a guy from Arnhem feebled the first half down to fire cracker.
- At the Museumplein curved Colton Noordam did a no-footed seat grab, Emile pulled a clean 180 bar and Jeroen Kruiver whiped it.
- Someone rode into a Vespa scooter so we almost got in a fight with some Moroccan guys.
- Emile Bouwman did a 360 to flat in the Marnix bowl and all the kids went nuts to win some tires.
We from Weareorangejuice and FSO were super stoked on the jam! We couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. We will be back next year with new spots, bigger sponsors and all the good vibes! We would like to thank our sponsors who made this jam possible: Soulcycle, United bike co and Subrosa. We hope that all the riders enjoyed it as much as we did and we hope to see you all next year!
The Official Photogallery and video will be online any time soon. For now check out the Gallery below with some amazing pics by Partial Pixel + other random pics that I have found on the internet.