The next photographer in our gallery is Nick Jones, a BMX photographer straight out of New Jersey. He was recommended by Aaron Zwaal because he is really motivated and almost shoots BMX on a daily/nightly basis. Eighteen years young and already heavy in the game! Check out his interview and bangin’ gallery below.
1. Let’s start with a small introduction: where are you from, age, years of shooting and what got you interested in shooting photos?
I’m 18 years young from New Jersey! I got my first SLR in 7th or 8th grade and I just graduated high school but the last year or so I’ve started to take it pretty seriously. I really don’t know what got me into shooting.. I just wanted a camera.
2. How can you describe your style and what do you like to shoot the most?
Style develops with time and I don’t think I’m at that point yet, but the candid lifestyle side of bmx is what I enjoy shooting the most.
3. Who or what inspires you in your personal life and in your pictures?
So many other bmx photographers (too many to name) as well as the riders I shoot with.
4. What’s the best part of being a photographer?
Getting to travel with rad dudes and document everything from the shit that goes down on our bikes to the good times being had off our bikes.
5. What’s your current setup?
Right now I’m shooting with a Nikon d7000 but will be upgrading to full frame soon, that setup will be a Canon 5d Mark II. I carry around my phone 24/7 (Samsung Galaxy sIII) and it doubles my daily point and shoot.
6. Any advise for all the photographers out there starting out?
Shoot as much as you can with whatever you can afford!
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @realnjq !!
8. Who shall we feature in the next ‘Art gallery’?
Give like 10 more to Aaron Zwaal because his photos are so dialed! But if you cant do that it would be cool to see the homie Ryan Souva get one.. Just met him recently at an FBM jam dude is rad and takes some good photos!